Wednesday 26 September 2012

Footie wrap: KPL, La liga, EPL

I will soon run out of catchy headers for my posts one of these fine days. I can see it coming. It shall be a very sad eventuality but that's not why we are here. And yes... I know. The website is still not up yet. We ran into slight problems but rest assured, its coming. We will be putting up the link very soon. Lets talk football then.

I start with the Tusker Kenyan Premier League.  In the last few days we have seen huge transformations on the league table. AFC were leading the pack on friday. By Saturday evening, bitter rivals and victors in the Mashemeji Derby, Gor Mahia were at the helm. Come Monday evening, Coach Matano's charges... Tusker FC, took the lead. They now sit 2 points ahead of 2nd placed Gor, and 3 points ahead of recently-dethroned AFC. i was arguing with a friend the other day. He kept telling me Tusker would eventually lead, but I just couldn't see them doing it. Well, if that was a money bet, I would have lost. I hope y'all have been following the happenings.

Moving on... new Harambee Stars head coach Henri Michel has started with a very attention-calling move. refusing to enter the Stars in the CECAFA tournament, saying that it is a useless cup. I would love to agree with him BUT there's the slight issue of the Harambee Stars being weaklings in other tournaments. so, the organizers of CECAFA have told Michel to show what he can do. I would like for him to do that too... considering his high salary. Apparently the ninja earns 750k, gets house and transport allowance etc. Living like an MP

EPL... Explosive Premier League weekend that was, eh? Arsenal managed a point against our noisy neighbours (no, I do NOT live in Manchester). Manchester United claimed a rare win at Anfield, after being 'married' by the Kopites for a while, and Chelsea beat Stoke... after recovering from a loss against Atletico. Just goes to show that thay they are more accustomed to playing shitty opponents like themselves, and not fancy playing opponents like Atletico... and Arsenal(wacheni niwabambe juu tu mlicheza poa). Great weekend that was.... I didnt watch any of the games. Am still looking for a good excuse for that.
My fantasy team. Cech, Ivanovic and Fellaini played well. But I just dont understand why Yaya wont earn good points. Also... I pick Rangel and Dyer, and then Rangel doesn't even play and Dyer gets red carded. Ain't that a female dog

La Liga.... Cristiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi keep running things. Even on boring occasions when Real are held to draws Cristiano shows he still is a force to reckon with. Case in pot... the champion's league game where he scored the decider minutes to time. It was hard to see Manchester City losing 2 consecutive games though. So I guess that's why Arsenal struggled to get that point. I know you're gonna ask why am talking about Manchester City in the La Liga paragraph... well, am sure you also asked how vectors in high school maths would eventually help you in life, but did that make your teacher stop teaching Mole Concept? Say it with me... NO, IT DIDN'T!

France... Ibrahimovic scores freely, and Oliech leads Ligue 2 in the assists chart. Also... M'vila is out of form. Aren't glad you didn't buy the nigga, Arsenal guys?  Hmm?

No comments: